How to do SEO Competitor Analysis in 2021?
These days, every entrepreneur and business want to reach on top of SERPs (Search Engine Results Page). It’s the primary reason why they buy eCommerce SEO services online. But it’s not sure that these facilities will work proficiently and productively.
Therefore, they have to work inventively enough to better Google ranking and users’ engagement. Thus, competitor analysis can come in handy to give us insight into how successful businesses subdue obstacles with ease and calm. It’s the main reason why most of the top companies hire professional digital marketing agency for their small business. Remember, the immunity pin isn’t available for free. You’ll face challenges online that will test you during both happy and challenging times.
SEO competitor analysis or SEO competitive analysis is a cross-examination between two or more businesses online. These industries have the exact nature. They sell products and services that are similar. Hence, identical marketing tactics and selling strategies apply to each of them. SEO assessment includes links, the keyword(s) research, content curation, and other interrelated aspects.
There are many ways to perform SEO analysis to stay in the competition. Besides, it’s all about stealing the organic traffic of your business rivals in the most prudent manner possible. Some of the main questions you need to find answers for include:
- Who are my SEO competitors?
- Which keywords are performing better?
- What type of content is essential to attract potential customers?
- What blog topics should I cover?
- Where can I find relevant links for my website?
- What SEO-backed elements are working for more extended user engagement?
- What practices should I follow to conquer my competitors?
1. How to find your competitors online?
First, you need to find your competitors online. Many business persons confuse it with companies that run the same business, but it’s not the case. Remember, your primary targets use similar organic keyword search queries on Google and other search engines. These are the ones that are stealing the show. Therefore, you need to search for the answers to the questions mentioned above. You can also hire an SEO services company in this regard.
Do not make wild guesses. Visit their websites and look for those keywords that are working for them. Besides that, you can read their blogs and give attention to the types of topics they’re writing about. So, do not optimize nor publish your content immediately. It’s time to do a bit of competitive content analysis.
If you’re looking for quicker outcomes, you can try using Siteimprove SEO. It automates the whole process using competitor score metrics. In addition, it processes web pages, keywords, similar companies, top user search queries, etc. Siteimprove SEO also offers insights for present competition and predicts credible future scenarios. Besides this, you can also use other popular SEO analysis tools as well. The listing includes Ahrefs, SEMrush, Google, Alexa Traffic Rank, Crunchbase, SpyFu, Page Optimizer Pro, Owletter, Talkwalker Alerts, Wappalyzer, and Searchmetrics.
2. Search your competitors top-ranked content
Besides looking for keywords used by your competitors, topics for blogs and articles can also open doors to competitive enlightenment. Thus, we can research the blog topics and types of content that rank higher for our opponents online. It’s one of the most common ways to explore and devise tricks and tactics used for content creation for your business. There are several ways you can connect your content with those written by your competitors.
- Read the blog topic and look for suggestions and insights. It means that you have to look for relevant products, services, practices, and other metaphoric connections.
- Note down your competitor’s keyword-driven writings online. The easiest way to do so is by going through their website’s dedicated blog section.
- Find clues, insights, and other business prompts by looking at your competitor’s website, CTAs, PPC adverts, social media accounts, etc.
- Connect to your competitor’s client by creating more engaging content on your website, blog, and social media platforms.
- Enhance your CTAs, social media advertising campaigns, and regularly update your content for websites, blogs, etc.
3. Use Google SERPs and user intent side by side
Sometimes finding the right keywords isn’t enough to conquer your main rivals online. If you want to attract more customers, you need to understand how searcher intent works. Though, this might look like a difficult thing to do. But thanks to Google for doing all the hard work for us. All we need to do is Google the keywords on Google or on search engines you prefer.
For instance, we search about the ‘top winter destinations of Europe’ for a topic we want to write about. We’ll find tons of relevant information regarding it. We will find links for winter wear, mountaineering equipment, winter sports gear, tourist videos, etc. Thus, allowing us to comprehend user-based intents means we should add similar content to our topic. Or, at least add hyperlinks to it.
4. Ditch high-volume search for relevant searches
Searching good keywords for your website and other related content is necessary. But it doesn’t mean you ignore other vital elements required to beat the competition. It would be best if you also considered user searches, product queries, comments under blogs, and as such. In this way, you’ll learn about your customer’s buying behaviors. It also means that you can ditch keyword-rich content and work more on user-centric writings for your business online. Besides, you can hire an SEO company for this job. These experts help you create high-quality web copies, blogs, articles, guest posts, noticeable press releases, forum posts, etc.
Some of the best ways to curate content based on user searches are as follows:
- Create & optimize – make sure your content answers all the questions of customers. Keep keyword density to its lowest while writing about relevant information pivotal from the reader’s perspective.
- Add value with verified knowledge to add validity to your online business. Replace keywords with terms searched by users on Google and other search engines.
- You can also use the “People Also Ask” platform that helps you enrich your content with relevant facts and figures. In this way, you’ll be able to generate more traffic to your website with guaranteed longer user engagement periods.
5. Research for midrange and long-tail keywords Another great way to enhance our SEO content and beat the competition online is by using secondary keywords. These keywords are mostly generic user searches. Hence, they are ideal for putting them into blogs, articles, forum posts, and guest posts. The best keyword planner tools include Ahrefs, Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, Jaaxy, Google Search Console, and Moz Keyword Explorer.